home button photography button handmade button style button eating in button going out button

Friday, July 6, 2012

Fancy Grilled Cheese

I love cheese.  What can I say? It's probably my favorite food. No joke.
Needless to say, we eat a lot of grilled cheese in our house.  Lucky for me, my husband likes cheese too.

Grilled cheese isn't exactly the most "adult" dinner out there, so I've been playing with ways to make them a little more exciting!

One of my favorites was pinterest inspired:



Sandwich #1:  I used honey-wheat bread for this one.  Lather one side in pesto.  On the other side I put a slice of mozzarella, some avocado (I used half of an avocado for 2 sandwiches) and some garlic-dill goat cheese.  The sweet bread and tangy goat cheese are a great combination!  Grill as usual.  I'm a butter girl, but you can always grill sandwiches in a little bit of oil for a healthier option!



Sandwich #2:  I spread a sun-dried tomato pesto on one slice of the bread, and a thin layer of horseradish on the other slice of bread.  For this one I used a slice of gouda cheese and pieces of an heirloom (ugly) tomato.  Despite their nickname, they're delicious! 



Expect more grilled cheese recipes soon.  I've got a lot of 'em!

Do you have a favorite ingredient for you sandwiches?

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment