home button photography button handmade button style button eating in button going out button

Thursday, July 5, 2012

New York in Photos: Part 1

This past week was the first time Seth or I had ever been to New York, and by the end of it we were scheming ways to move there!  If you know either one of us at all, you know this is pretty typical of our vacations.  We've looked at houses in Asheville, Savannah, and now New York.  
The trip was a birthday trip planned by my husband for my 25th birthday.  It was supposed to be a surprise, but Seth couldn't stand it and told me one day in the Publix parking lot.  I'm so glad he did! Part of the fun of a vacation is the anticipation leading up to it! (and of course packing...)


 


We took a Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island Cruise.  
China town was one of my favorite parts.  We bought cherries for a dollar a pound! One dollar!
We also ate this crazy stuff.  It's called Jack fruit, and I was so excited to find it. I actually ate it in Uganda a few years back so it was nostalgic.  Seth wasn't a big fan, but I couldn't have been more thrilled!  They were pretty impressed I knew what it was, too! 

This is the rooftop of our second hotel.  Yes, second.  That's another story.  Both hotels were awesome, and the Pod had this fantastic roof deck.  




We have so many New York stories-we were tourists, and we didn't care who knew it!
More soon!

Happy Thursday!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment